Mc2 Engineering worked on both the temporary campus and permanent campus of
Mountain Island Charter School. The permanent campus
includes a permanent administrative building, multi-purpose (gymnasium) building
and 8 temporary classroom buildings totaling 63,500 sf. The infrastructure is
designed to easily enable future expansion. When funding becomes available for permanent
classrooms, the temporary classrooms are designed to be removed and additional athletic
space becomes immediately available.
Key aspects of project:
- Several rezoning hearings
- Roadway improvements
- Off-site water extensions
- Off-site sanitary sewer extensions
- On-site sanitary sewer pump station
- Configuration to maximize carpool lanes.